Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sweat On My Brow

"Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat." ---Ann Landers

Well, nothing like picking the hottest days of the year so far to work outside. After picking up Dan at his group home Thursday evening, he joined me to work on the front flowerbed yesterday afternoon. I'd had to work in the morning, so it was right after lunch before we could get started. The day before, there had been a great breeze blowing all day, but yesterday, it was completely gone. In its place was humidity and heat!! Lots of it!! We worked for several hours with lots of water breaks and the front
flowerbed looks really nice now. But, we decided that today we had to start much earlier. So, at 8:30 this morning, we set out to clean out the back storage sheds. Now, these storage sheds have been there a long time and serve as the only storage I have, since I don't have access to my attic. One is filled with holiday decorations, lawn mowers, tools and just about everything else you can think of. It's been straightened in the past few years, but not really much has been thrown out. The other shed hasn't been cleaned out in a number of years. It used to house toys for the girls----basketballs, drawing paper, etc---and also some antique furniture that I'm not using right now. Over the years, a few small "varmints" have been in there from time to time, so the girls and I have been a bit wary of going in and really cleaning.
But, today I did it!! With Dan hauling things to the curb, I cleaned out both buildings!!! I sorted and sweated. . .and swept and sweated . . . and even sweated some more! But, they look so much better!!!! My dream is to tear them both down and replace them with one building that is wired for electricity and has shelving. But, until then, this is a definite improvement.
My next project to tackle will have to be the weeds in this back flowerbed---or should I say "jungle"?.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature