Saturday, September 11, 2010

Round Robin - Fenced In

This time the Round Robin Photo Challenge is based on a topic that I suggested---Fenced In. The instructions were to show us fences, or things contained within fences, or half-hidden behind fences. Show us a white picket fence or barbed wire, rough-hewn logs or aluminum slats. Or perhaps you'd rather go metaphorical on us, and show us something that is trapped in some other way. You may even want to show people dueling with foils or épées! What ever works for you, we'll be glad to see it.

Be sure to take a peek at the photos taken by all the other Robins. There's a list over here.
I spent Labor Day weekend in Charleston, SC with my daughters. Talk about a great place for fences!! Everywhere we looked, there were amazing ironwork fences and gates. Here are couple of my favorites:



This fence is located near Baton Rouge, LA at the Bocage Plantation.

And if we're talking about "fenced in", this cat sitting behind my neighbor's fence certainly fits the bill:


Be First to Post Comment !
Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, these are lovely! I love the wrought iron, and the white fence in front of pale green foliage and a white house. And I especially like the cat peeking through. Thanks for a great topic!

Jama said...

I love that iron wrought fence!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,well done for suggesting such a great topic, unfortunately I didn't have time to play this week. :(

I really like your first shot, The lighting really brings out the textures and shapes. :)

Gattina said...

The first picture looks very much like our garden door ! love the picture with the kitty so cute !

Mairie said...

Big fan of gates myself, particularly ones no longer fit for purpose but these are lovely - the cat's a star
mairie

ps the word verification for this comment is 'nowsi' very appropriate!

Carly said...

Hi Linda :)

Ooooh... I like all the fences you have featured, but I especially loved the one that has the cat! Pretty eyes!

-Carly :)

ellen b said...

You found some lovely fences. The photo of the cat through the fence is great!

Holly said...

I love the metal fences. Renews my resolve to design one for my hubby to build for our new porch we'll put up next spring. Thanks for the ideas.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature