Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! While I celebrated Mother's Day by having lunch with Callie and Jordan and chatting with Jana on the phone, some mothers were busy guarding their children as they learned new skills. Case in point, the mother who hovered around my driveway this afternoon as her babies ventured from their nest. As I pulled in the driveway, the blue jay that was perched on the fence went wild, flying back and forth between the fence and a nearby bush. She seemed so frantic that I knew there must be babies nearby. Sure enough, this little guy (or gal) sat quietly on the sidewalk.


Nearby, his brother hopped around in the grass while the adult bird screeched out warnings.

As I slipped into the house to get my camera, his mother quickly herded him away. Too young to even be frightened by me, the first little bird posed and watched me as I snapped a million few pictures of him.






Seeing such a tiny little creature all alone, I wanted to just scoop him up and carry him to safety of his nest. Curious as to where the other bird went, I peeked inside the nearby bushes and found him nestled against another brother.

Look at these faces----So sweet!!


post signature

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature