Saturday, October 6, 2012

Run a 5K --- Check!

For the last 7 weeks, I've been using the "Ease Into 5K" program on my iPhone, along with one of my co-workers.  She's a week ahead of me, but we've both been pretty faithful about running 3 times aa week with the goal of finally being able to run an entire race.  I've walked quite a few 5K' races---a few years ago, they were a struggle to finish, but as I've dropped pounds and become more active with aerobics, etc., even walking a race has gotten so much easier.

One of the items on  my "bucket list" for quite some time has been to actually run a 5K.  My goal was to be in good enough shape to do it by the middle of November when Ron runs his half-marathon.  But, this morning, bright and early, Danette and I showed up at the Red River Revel for the annual road race.  


There was a 15K that several people from the running group participated in and also a 5K.  During the night, a cold front moved in, bringing brisk temperatures in the low 50's and a breeze.  And we did it!!  We ran an entire 5K without stopping to walk at all!!  I finished in 39:50 and Danette was a few minutes behind me and it was really great to have friends from the running group cheering at the finish line!   While I can check that off my bucket list, I look froward to continuing the training and getting faster!


Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Hooray! Check it off of your list!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature