Saturday, April 18, 2009

Project Three: Pillows

I visited Jana and Rob back at the beginning of November and was one of the first people to get to see their new home. We spent the weekend sewing and getting some things ready for their move-in. Then, I packed up some of her fabric and brought it home with me to complete pillows for her living room. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I never even started them.

So this week, we made pillows. Jana had a sub job on Thursday, so I spent the afternoon in her craft room cutting and sewing. This is what I had to begin with. I love the texture of the copper colored fabric, but as I began measuring, here was my dilemma: Not enough fabric to make the overlapping closure I had planned. So, this is what I came up with. Another example of a bad thing turning out good! I really liked how the "back" looked with the ties and so did she.

The two ready-made brown pillows had become frayed around the zipper, so I cut them down to make smaller pillows. This one was inspired by
Artsy Craftsy Babe's post last week. We already had all the fabric that we needed, so the only cost was the $4.00 pillow form. On the other brown pillow, I appliqued a "B" in a coordinating fabric. Now, their wonderful new leather couch looks all comfy and happy!By the way, in case you were wondering what Rob was doing while Jana and I worked on all these projects, here he is in his "man-room" (the loft) playing video games and hiding from my camera, hence the very poor quality of the photo!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature