Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weeds

"A weed is no more than a flower in disguise." -- Unknown

A few weeks ago, my flower beds were looking fairly nice. I'd weeded, raked and bagged up the scraggly vines that filled them. While there was still work to be done to get them in good shape, I was pleased that they
looked so much better after a day's work. And then this afternoon, I notice that things are getting out of hand again. At first glance this looks really pretty. But if you look closer you realize that under the bloom of this blackberry vine are stems covered in prickles! And they're everywhere. I've tried for years to get the blackberry vines out of my flowerbeds for good, but so far---no luck! They have runners all over the place and if I don't get busy they will take over my flowerbeds again. Anyone want to come help weed my flowerbeds???
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature